Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

J.K.'s Scrumpy Hard Cider Farmhouse Organic Orchard Gate Gold-Cider Review

Found: Yokes Fresh Market
Cidery: J.K.'s Scrumpy
Cider Name: Hard Cider Farmhouse Organic Orchard Gate Gold
Beer Style: Farmhouse Style, Organic (all right in the name)
ABV%: 6%
Price: $6.59 for 22 oz

Wow, this was not at all what I was expecting. At first taste I was turned off, because it didn't "taste" like what I expected. It pours much darker than "other" ciders and is hazy. It has a strong apple aroma and tastes so much like fresh pressed cider at an orchard. I was surprised to read that it contains 6% ABV. The more I drank the more I fell in love.

I did a quick Google search and found there website. I love the story of this cidery. The cider has been made on a family owned farm in Flushing, Michigan for over 100 years. The ingredients are fresh apple juice and yeast...that is IT! The apples are grown, harvested and press all on their farm.

The difference in taste compared to a mass-produced cider is undeniable. I could drink this all day long. It is sweet, but not sweet like commercial apple juice. It is like biting into a fresh crisp apple. It also has a bit of tartness, which I like.

I recommend this cider to anyone....and give it the Real Deal.









NW Bearded Brewer gives it the Grizzly Adams.

1 comment: