Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

BEARD OF THE WEEK & TIN WHISTLE BREWING COMPANY

Today I want to combine topics… beards and beer.

The Beard of the Week is going to my old goalie, and master brewer Jeff T. There are few who can understand the bond a hockey defenseman has to his goalie. You don’t throw snow in my goalie’s face… or I’ll knock out your teeth! Jeff was my favorite person on the team. Now we both have awesome beards.
The shirt says it all...
El Jefe is also the Beer Lord of Tin Whistle Brewing Company in Penticton, British Columbia. I have, unfortunately haven’t personally imbibed the wonderful beers coming from this brewery, but several of them have received high ratings on Beer Advocate. Use that information however you want it. I personally just want to try every beer they are making up there.


There are several fruit based beers that look especially scrumptious. For instance the Peach Cream Ale, and the Chocolate Cherry Porter just scream to be drank in high quantities (yet always responsibly).

So peachy... must have this!

Looks so tastey!
Today, Jeff posted the Tin Whistle FB page,

“It's Friday, January 25th; Robbie Burns Day! So to celebrate, as soon as I'm done my oatmeal, I'm going to put on my kilt and go brew an Apple Scotch Ale! Featuring: apple juice from Cross Orchards in Kelowna, and the all of Robbie's classics as sung by The Real Mckenzies! (CD's, they won't be performing in person)”

This just embodies everything I like… Celtic Culture, music… beer, apples, scotch and KILTS!

So raise a glass to the BEER LORD! HAIL… HAIL…. ALL HAIL THE BEER LORD!

NWBB

PS… Jeff, I’m coming for that beer. It might not be today… or tomorrow… but I’m coming dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment