Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Elysian Brewing Company Dragonstooth Stout - Beer Review

Found:  Yokes
Brewery: Elysian Brewing Company (Seattle, WA)
Beer Name:  Dragonstooth Stout
Beer Style: Imperial Oatmeal Stout (from EBC's website)
ABV%:  7.5%
Price:  $4.79 / 1 pint 6 oz


This brew just called to me from the beer aisle with an extremely colorful label.  It reminded me of a dragon tattoo a Yakuza hitman might wear.  The pour brings a dark liquid that is opaque all the way through.  Held up to the light, there is a reddish hue around the edges of the glass.  There is a dark thick head with medium sized bubbles with staying power, and leaves lacing waterfalls down the entire glass.  Aroma brings forward dark coffee and some floral hoppiness.  CW also recognized espresso and cocoa.  Flavor starts with mild dark chocolate, coffee and a medium bitter hits the top of the mouth.  Very smooth mouth feel and a medium body.  CW said after a sip, "Yummy!  I'm really learning to like stouts more."

NW Bearded Brewer's Grade:

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one too... plus I snagged the awesome lable. It reminds me of a Yakuza tattoo.

    ReplyDelete